How to compose a covering letter
Should I write a covering letter? It can be a contentious issue as some employers really see the value in having one whilst others don’t if you are filling in an application form. We at Prestige Recruitment Services do not require one as we have many applications and CV’s to look through on a daily basis and the criteria is always skill set first.
Quick tips for writing a covering letter:
- Ensure it doesn’t contain any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
- Be clear about what you are applying and show you understand what the job involves
- State why you think you are suitable, which will usually involve transferable skills
- Get to the point…… don’t write war and peace
- Always make sure it accompanies your CV